What we provide
Building on our direct, hands-on, successful experience in developing pricing and reimbursement submissions, we have created MAP Online, an up-to-the-minute “virtual expert” that will enable you to conquer the ever-changing market access environment at minimal expense.
MAP offers an up-to-date, validated, web-based service, which acts as a ‘virtual’ expert to help you achieve pricing and reimbursement across major global markets. To supplement this, we offer product specific, one-to-one expert strategic advice on a consulting basis throughout the product lifecycle.
The MAP team has a range of expertise across different therapeutic areas, which is fed back into the website to provide members valuable insights into the different processes.
MAP Online – What does the service provide?
An understanding of the processes and stakeholders involved in pricing, reimbursement and uptake of medicines to avoid surprises and delays.
Full high-resolution flowcharts with downloadable PDFs are available to MAP Online clients.
MAP Online has website resources for Europe as well as specific country sections for the UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Brazil, Canada, Japan and Turkey. Each country section follows the same core structure which helps to simplify the market access process, especially when comparing strategies across multiple countries.
- Market Access Overview – a quick summary of the market access process in the country
- Decision Makers – introductions to who the key stakeholders are and what they do, complemented by a structural flowchart
- Pricing – detailed guide on how prices are set in each country, complete with the process and contributors to the pricing application as well as what to do if the application is rejected
- Reimbursement – in-depth process guides on the different reimbursement pathways in each country, following the main HTA route as well as alternative reimbursement options if applicable
What does membership include?
A membership to MAP Online provides a high level of detail for all pricing and reimbursement processes in each country – flow charts, official up-to-date supporting documents and detailed guides including timelines for processes and more.
Members use this to:
- Save time, effort and cost by taking control of their company’s market access strategy
- Maximise efficiency at each stage of the pricing and reimbursement process
- Avoid commonly made mistakes
- Effectively implement public affairs strategies
- Access to our extensive database with all the information you need for achieving pricing and reimbursement
- Complimentary access for all members to the European overview section of MAP Online
- Detailed MAP insights to help you benefit from our experience working with over 75 companies
- Downloadable presentations, training slide decks, flow charts and tables
- Resources such as a directory of service providers and glossary of market access terms
- The ability to call us with any market access related questions
- A free workshop to be used to familiarise yourself with MAP Online or to be used as consulting hours
Examples of member workshops:
- Development of presentations on horizon scanning and time to commercialisation across different markets
- Creation of a PIM and EAMS strategy to support effective roll out and uptake
- Market access opportunities using policy and public affairs – learning from case studies
- Market access opportunities using legal levers – learning from case studies
- Development of a bespoke tool that could be uploaded to MAP Online
- A review of your market access strategy
MAP Online also provides:
- Market access tools to help you plan and launch your market access strategy
- News and consultation updates for each country covered by MAP as well as European wide news stories
- Coverage of market access related events
- Annual MAP conference (free entry to MAP Online clients)
- and more…
We have a team of friendly experts on-hand to answer your market access queries which you can submit to us through our site’s “Ask MAP” button. Alternatively, MAP Online members can pick up the phone and talk to our experts directly.
The best part of our service is that if what you need isn’t already there, we will complete the extra work usually at no extra cost. If you are a company with big ambition and limited funds, then don’t worry, we have set our prices deliberately to help promote innovation in the BioPharma industry.
See our Frequently Asked Questions regarding our online service.