The NHS Chief Pharmaceutical Officer, Dr. Keith Ridge, has published a letter outlining the continuity of medicines supply after the transition period ends on 31 December 2020.
The letter outlines the actions taken to ensure medicines continue to be available and that any supply chain disruptions are mitigated.
These actions include:
- The provision of alternative routes,
- Supporting trader readiness for the new customs and border processes,
- The buffering of medical supplier stocks where possible,
- Amended regulations to ensure clinical trials can continue and products tested and licensed in the EU can continue to be imported, and
- A management response for shortages.
For more information, please read the letter.