In order to standardise the price increase procedure for medical products classified in band C with prescription, which can only be made in January biannually starting from 2021, AIFA has implemented a planned move towards web application for communication with manufacturers.
In particular, please note the following provisions with the new web application:
- The company must be communicated the price change no later than January 31, 2021
- The communication must be made through the application at least 15 days before the effective date of the new price
- The company must indicate the effective date of the new price (not prior to January 1, 2021) referring to the single AIC owned, the public price in force, the new price including the variation and any annotations. The indication of the percentage will also be calculated by the system
- The communication of price changes must be sent through the web application made available by AIFA starting from December 15, 2020
- The receipt generated by the system (in pdf format) must be attached to the PEC for the formal communication of the increase by email to email@example.com, copied to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Aumento prezzi classe C con ricetta – Azienda_codice SIS_invio n.XX” (Class C price increase with recipe – Company_codice SIS_invio n.XX).
On December 7, 2020 from 10:00am CET, companies will be able to access the application to verify the AICs of interest for the purpose of subsequent communication of increase.
For further information, please see AIFA’s Guida all’accesso alla registrazione utente e alla compilazione “Aumenti prezzi Fascia C con ricetta” (guide for accessing user registration and filling in “Price Increases for Band C with prescription”).