The Irish Pharmaceutical Healthcare Association (IPHA) has launched a video explaining the work members companies have undertaken so far to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
“The montage video is a response to a call by IPHA to the industry asking companies to share practical examples of how they are helping to fight COVID-19.
“The self-generated video footage comes from the frontline of the industry, featuring 16 leading research-based companies.
“In science, manufacturing and the supply chain, and through partnership work with the Government, hospitals and charities, the biopharmaceutical industry is making a big difference.”
Watch the video here.
The Irish industry’s response has been built around five concepts:
- Continuously monitoring supply chains so that medicines get to patients who need them
- Keeping manufacturing operations open so that medicines are made for patients in Ireland and around the world
- Working towards a vaccine and a treatment so that we can stop this sometimes deadly disease in its tracks
- Working with local charities, hospitals and patient advocacy groups, providing practical support that can make a real difference to people’s lives
- Supporting the Government in managing the response to the pandemic by sharing information and insights, and supplying the health authorities with appropriate resources