An update on the implementation of the Montgomery Review’s recommendations for the improvement of access to new medicines in Scotland has been published.
The Scottish Cabinet Secretary for Heath and Sport, Shona Robison MSP, updated the Holyrood Health and Sport committee on the Scottish Government’s progress in implementing the review. The progress on the following recommendations was discussed:
- The Process for medicines not routinely accepted for use in NHS Scotland and PACS Tier Two guidance
- The more effective use of data and real world evidence
- End of life, orphan and ultra-orphan medicines
- The Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC)
- Leveraging best value for medicines made available in Scotland