This week the APPG on Access to Medicines and Medical Devices hosted three evidence sessions as part of its inquiry into the forthcoming NICE methods review.
MAP attended both sessions with great interest and will be compiling meeting notes for MAP Online members.
The sessions heard evidence from:
- Dr Kirsty Henderson, Policy Manager, Alzheimer’s Research UK
- Nick Medhurst, Head of Policy and Public Affairs, Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- Professor Michael Rees, Professor of Cardiovascular Studies at Bangor University, Co-Chair of the Medical Academic Staff Committee, British Medical Association
- Dr David Strain, Senior Clinical Lecturer at University of Exeter, Deputy Chair of the Medical Academic Staff Committee, British Medical Association
- Jon Neal, UK Managing Director, Takeda
- Elena Tricca, Director of Patient Access and Government Affairs, AstraZeneca
- Leslie Galloway, Chairman, EMIG
- Helen Knight, Programme Director, NICE
- Sir Andrew Dillon, Chief Executive, NICE
- Professor Karl Claxton, Professor of Economics at University of York
- Mark Fisher, Managing Director, FIECON
MAP will continue to monitor the output of these sessions and will publish insights when they become available.
Further information about NICE can be found on MAP Online.